We are currently offering a $500 sign on bonus for full time residential positions!
As a Residential Support Specialist, you will provide direct care to individuals living in a residential setting. The RSS will help individuals with daily living skills, transportation, skill-building, money management, medication administration, risk mitigation and other areas based on the person centered treatment plan. Services are provided based on Recovery tenets and are aimed to promote overall health and well-being of persons served. This is a great opportunity to build a career in Human Services and join an organization with room for growth!
Full and part-time positions available in Chelsea, East Boston, Revere and downtown Boston.
Salary range: $15.50-$18.00 per hour, depending on program placement.
What you’ll do:
- Engage people and partner with them to improve their health and wellness, achieve symptom stabilization and self-management and develop and/or restore skills impacted by mental illness to help them live a self-directed life.
- Assist people with psychiatric and substance use disorders to identify personal priorities, preferences, strengths, and interests in order to help them establish goals that support a life in recovery.
- Arrange and transport residents to appointments or daily outings.
- Complete administrative tasks, such as answering phones or filling out paperwork.
- Assist with household tasks such as cooking and cleaning
- Provide side-by-side support and coaching to help people socialize to socialize and become more involved in their community
What you’ll need:
- Education: High School Diploma/GED equivalent is required. Bachelor’s Degree is highly preferred.
- Experience: In lieu of college degree, at least one year experience with population that has severe and persistent mental illness and/or substance use disorder.
- Skills: Must have valid driver’s license. Must be MAP certified within five months of hire and complete CPR/First Aide within orientation period (all training/certification provided).
- Additional skills: ASL fluency a plus
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities
A career with a cause
Since 1959, North Suffolk Mental Health Association, Inc. has provided community-based mental health services to individuals and families in East Boston, Boston, Chelsea, Revere and Winthrop. To better serve our community, NSMHA has developed a comprehensive and integrated community-based system of engagement, treatment, rehabilitation and support programs to promote the recovery of adults living with serious mental illness, addictions and co-occurring disorders. Adult Community Clinical Services (ACCS) is a comprehensive clinically focused service anchored by a multi-disciplinary team that provides services through an integrated team led by clinical staff. ACCS will provide clinical interventions and peer and family support to facilitate engagement, support functioning and maximize symptom stabilization and self-management of individuals diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness.