As a Licensed Practical Nurse for North Suffolk Mental health you will provide medical, regulatory (DDS regulations and MAP policy) oversight, support to residential program. The LPN is responsible for overseeing all health care services provided to individuals. Must comply with applicable regulatory requirements and standards in the performance of registered nursing duties. Responsible for all medical follow up and supervision of C.N.A staff. This position reports to the Nurse Manager/ Program Manager.
Schedule: Mon-Fri 9a-5p
Expectations of the Role:
- Assist with health care services provided to individuals supported. Participate in medical discharge meetings at hospitals.
- Assists to obtain reports and approval of treatment plans from PCP/specialists and reports and objectively documents all changes in the condition of each individual.
- Reviews seizure and medical incident reports and makes recommendations to program staff and assist with any follow up with participant’s medical practitioners if necessary
- Participate in managers’, clinical and staff meetings to review health care needs and global health care planning with staff.
- Provides medical trainings in but not limited to Diabetes, Nutrition, Seizures, Oxygen and Vital Sign training to all staff.
- Conduct MAP audits at site yearly and fallow all Map policies and procedures.
- Performs direct support related tasks in emergencies or as requested by supervisor.
- All other duties assigned by supervisor.
What you’ll need:
- Education: Licensed Practical Nurse, registered with the MA Board of Registration in Nursing.
- Experience: Minimum of one year of experience in a community health setting. Prior experience working with developmentally disabled adults and/ or mental health.
- Skills: Must be able to pass Map within five months from date of hire (training provided)
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical/Dependent Care/Commuter Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities
A career with a cause
Since 1959, North Suffolk Mental Health Association, Inc. has provided community-based mental health services to individuals and families in East Boston, Boston, Chelsea, Revere and Winthrop. To better serve our community, NSMHA has developed a comprehensive and integrated community-based system of engagement, treatment, rehabilitation and support programs to promote the recovery of adults living with serious mental illness, addictions and co-occurring disorders. Adult Community Clinical Services (ACCS) is a comprehensive clinically focused service anchored by a multi-disciplinary team that provides services through an integrated team led by clinical staff. ACCS will provide clinical interventions and peer and family support to facilitate engagement, support functioning and maximize symptom stabilization and self-management of individuals diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness.