North Suffolk is looking for a Third Party Senior Billing Coordinator to join our Accounts Receivable team! They are responsible for preparation, submission and collection of all assigned third party insurance claims and the application of insurance payments from assigned third party insurance payors. The Third Part Senior Billing Coordinator is also responsible for the department’s cash deposit process and the monthly cash reconciliation for Mental Health and Early Intervention services.
The projected pay range for this position is 38k – 40k a year depending on experience.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure that all billing is submitted to insurance payors by their scheduled deadlines and that all re-cap sheets are obtained for all electronic billing runs with all invoices having been printed & mailed.
- Timely cash application and contractual adjustments of assigned third-party insurances.
- Create department cash deposits and distribute to staff for system application and posting.
- Make certain the cash posting and cash reconciliation of all Mental Health and Early Intervention services are completed prior to monthly closing, reporting any issues impeding process to Director.
- Run and review assigned third party aging reports and initiate timely collection procedures to resolve outstanding claims. Collection to consist of telephone and written communications with third party payors not paid within 60 days of claim submittal.
- Resubmission, resolution and appeal (if appropriate) of all rejected claims. Timely initiate adjustments and voids when necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving on the standard/minimum collection rate for assigned pay source on an annual basis as well as updating of uninsured report for Director.
What you’ll need:
- Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience: Third party billing experience dealing with insurance company’s requirements for billing/collection.
- Skills/Other: Knowledge of Medical billing regulations required. Excel experience required.
- Vaccination: At least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire and complete the full vaccination schedule in the appropriate timeline as documented by the CDC requirements for vaccination.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities