Share this job:
Youth Care Specialist
Are you passionate about youth and community development? Want to find the next step in your career where you can grow and still make a impact with your job? NSMHA has a new position opening with the After School Program! The Children’s After School Program is a therapeutic program for children ages 6 to 12. The program provides milieu treatment including behavior management/modification and facilitation of therapeutic groups and activities.
This is a part time position: 20 hours, Mon-Fri 2-6pm
What You’ll Do:
- Supervise children during program activities.
- Implement behavior management/modification in the milieu.
- Plan and facilitate therapeutic and recreational activities.
- Intervene during a crisis using appropriate techniques including NAPPI restraint.
- Drive pupil van and accompany other staff during ride.
- Complete daily documentation of children’s progress in the milieu.
- Perform duties as a Youth Care Specialist including maintaining contact with collaterals and parents; planning and implementing daily activities, assisting in coordinating of snack, participate in multidisciplinary meetings, and conduct outreach to children and their families in their homes and communities as necessary.
- Ensure all services are provided in a professional manner, ensuring privacy, safety, and respecting the youth and family’s dignity and right to choice.
- Oversee administration and documentation of clients’ prescription medications, assuring adherence to medical policies and procedures.
- Coordinate transportation services for clients, and vehicle maintenance, repairs, registrations and inspections.
What You’ll Need:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Experience: Applicants must have at least one year of experience working with school age children. Milieu or recreational experience is preferred. Working knowledge of community resources is preferred.
- Skills: A valid Massachusetts driver’s license is required. Bilingual (Spanish & English) is encouraged to apply. If you know Spanish, please note on your resume!
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Pet Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities