Share this job:
Therapeutic Training and Support Worker
We are offering a $3,000 sign on bonus for this position.
NSMHA is looking for a Therapeutic Training and Support Worker to help local youth and families! Are you looking for an opportunity where you can make a real difference while growing your own career and skills? The In-Home Therapy team works together to help a child and family treat the child’s challenging behaviors and mental health needs, and help the family with supporting and caring for the child. The Therapeutic Training & Support Worker helps implement the therapeutic objectives of the treatment plan designed to address a youth’s mental health, behavioral and emotional needs. This might include teaching the youth to understand, direct, interpret, manage, and develop self control of feelings as well as emotional responses to situations. This position also assists the family with addressing the youth’s emotional and mental health needs.
This position is currently a hybrid position: community visits and remote work, contingent on family preference.
What you’ll do:
- Support the development of a youth-and family-centered treatment plan.
- Support the review/development of a risk management/safety plan in collaboration with the youth and caregiver.
- Provide support, referral and linkage to appropriate services along the continuum of care.
- Provide phone contact and support to the youth and family as indicated.
- Work with families to implement focused interventions and behavioral techniques to: enhance problem-solving, limit-setting, risk management/safety planning, communication, build skills to strengthen the family, advance therapeutic goals, or improve ineffective patterns of interaction.
- Identify and utilize community resources; develop and maintain natural supports for the youth and parent/caregiver(s) in order to promote sustainability of treatment gains.
- Support families in developing and maintaining natural supports for the youth and parent caregiver(s) in order to promote sustainability of treatment gains.
- Provide phone and face-to-face coordination with entities that may impact the youth’s treatment plan.
- Provide coaching to youth and family in support of decision-making in both crisis and non-crisis situation.
- Provide skills training for youth and parent/caregiver(s).
- When requested by the family, will also accompany the family to meetings about the youth’s behavioral health treatment needs in schools, day care, foster homes, and other community-based locations.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a human service field from an accredited university and one year experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth; OR
- Associate’s degree in a human services field from an accredited school and one year of experience working with the target population; OR
- High school diploma or GED and a minimum of two years of experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth
- Skills: You must have a valid Massachusetts Driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and ability to work in community and in-home settings.
- Vaccination: At least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire and complete the full vaccination schedule in the appropriate timeline as documented by the CDC requirements for vaccination.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Competitive salary based on experience
- A 12% salary differential for program needed Bilingual skills – please indicate language skills in application!
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities