Share this job:
Therapeutic Mentor for Youth
Put your passion to work! Are you looking for a job opportunity where you can make a difference and help people while also growing your own career and skills? NSMHA is looking for Therapeutic Mentors to help local youth and their families. The Therapeutic Mentor provides structured, one-to-one, strength-based support services to a youth for the purpose of addressing daily living, social, and communication needs in community and home-based settings. Therapeutic Mentoring interventions are designed to address one or more goals on a youth’s existing outpatient or in-home treatment plan or on an existing Individual Care Plan (ICP).
- Supports, coaches and trains a youth in order to support linkages to community resources and services that will sustain the youth’s optimal functioning in the community.
- Works closely with the family, and any behavioral health existing/referring provider(s) to implement the goals and objectives identified by the referring provider, when the youth is not enrolled in Intensive Care Coordination (ICC).
- Participates as a member of the Care Planning Team (CPT) and clearly outlines the goals of the Therapeutic Mentoring Service in the Individual Care Plan (ICP), when the youth is enrolled in Intensive Care Coordination (ICC).
- Assists the youth in communicating his/her needs to the treatment team when age-appropriate.
- Must be able to work in the community and in-home settings.
Experience:At least one (1) year experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth preferred. Ability to work in community and in-home settings
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a human service field from an accredited university preferred. Associate’s degree in a human services field from an accredited school, or High school diploma or GED and a minimum of two years of experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth.
Skills: You must have valid Driver’s license and ability to work in community and in-home settings. You must be 21 years or older.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com