Share this job:
North Suffolk is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our Freedom Trail Clinic team! The Staff Accountant assists in maintaining monthly financial statements for NSMHA in a timely and accurate manner. They continually strive, through the implementation of improved accounting and financial systems, to increase the efficiency of the Accounting Department. The Staff Accountant also assists in coordinating the corporation and its’ affiliates annual audit in a manner that is both cost-effective and efficient.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare General Ledger entries and adjustments.
- Support the accounts payable staff &rep payee manager.
- Assist Accounting Manager with Cash Receipts, Fixed Assets and Payroll.
- Prepare journal entries, allocation calculations, account reconciliations, financial statements on an accrual basis, and PBC’s for annual financial audits.
- Ensure the accurate and timely recording of financial information including Rep Payee, AP and AR, payroll and benefits, journal entries and the general ledger.
- Analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Assist in coordinating the annual audit from preparation to completion.
- Maintain the books and records of the agency with GAAP and government auditing standards, including OMB, Section A-133 and Mass. Exec. Office of Administration and Finance.
What You’ll Need:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business administration or a related field.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience in non-profit or comparable organization. Experience with accrual accounting, cost allocation, and financial reporting. Hands-on accounting experience.
- Skills: Is able to understand multiple, diverse funding streams. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Accounting software. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must have a take charge ability and excellent judgment in determining and leveraging resources.
- Vaccination: At least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire and complete the full vaccination schedule in the appropriate timeline as documented by the CDC requirements for vaccination.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities