Share this job:
Residential Recovery Specialist
North Suffolk is looking for Recovery Specialists for our residential substance use program! The Recovery Specialist is responsible for the health, safety and quality of life of individuals in a residential setting through advocacy, teaching and service planning, individual and group counseling. This is a 40 hour per week position with no weekend hours and no on-call requirement.
What you’ll do:
- Guide and assist residents on meeting treatment plan goals
- Oversee the milieu to ensure residents are safe and supported
- Provide essential group and individual supports to a diverse community
- Receive weekly individual supervision (towards licensure, if needed)
- Be a vital member of a multidisciplinary team of social workers, counselors, nurse practitioners, psychiatrists, recovery coaches, and administrators
What you’ll need:
- Education: High school degree or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 1 years’ experience providing direct care to individuals with substance use and/or co-occurring mental health disorders
- Life Experience: NSMHA values lived experience from individuals who are in recovery. Minimum two years of continuous recovery is required.
- Skills and Abilities: Valid Massachusetts Driver’s License required.
- Vaccination: At least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire and complete the full vaccination schedule in the appropriate timeline as documented by the CDC requirements for vaccination.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities