Share this job:
NSMHA is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our team! The accounts payable specialist is responsible for the accurate processing of accounts payable.
What you’ll do:
- Determine the appropriate P & L and balance sheet accounts allocations for all accounts payable and consultant transactions.
- Verify accuracy of all purchases with appropriate personnel.
- Obtain appropriate authorization for all invoices, verify accuracy of amounts, and process invoice payments.
- Generate A/P and check reports on a weekly basis.
- Resolve vendor problems and questions in a timely manner.
- Verification of debit memos, void checks, and manual checks.
- Data entry of debit memos, void checks, and manual checks.
- Verification of A/P data entry and success of data processing programs (reviews accounts payable interface to the G/L).
- Control of filing and archival storage systems of A/P records.
- Write and review all journal entries pertaining to A/P.
- Reconcile aged trial balance of A/P to G/L on a monthly basis.
- Special projects as required by Controller or C.F.O..
- Prepare an accrual for goods received that have not been invoiced for the current month and reverse this entry in the following month.
- Review purchase order files and follow up with invoices not received.
- Manage and process 1099’s at end of year.
- Maintain and implement changes to A/P processes and procedures and the update of the procedure manual for those changes.
- Be responsible for the collection and matching of receipts for check requests issued to staff and food purchases and issuing a mandatory monthly report of missing receipts to all senior managers.
- Prepare and issue monthly report of utilities to CEO, CFO, COO, Controller, Facilities Director, CBFS Director, DDS Director and CS-ESP Director.
What you’ll need:
- Education: Associate’s Degree in accounting or related field.
- Experience: Two years experience with all aspects of accounts payable in a computerized general ledger system.
- Skills: Computer literacy required. Experience with Excel and Microsoft Office products required Knowledge of non-profit generally accepted principals. Knowledge of computerized A/P and G/L systems.
- Full COVID Vaccination required within 2 months of employment (on-site vaccination currently available by appointment).
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities