Share this job:
Senior Repairperson & Work Order Coordinator
NSMHA is looking for a Senior Property Repairperson / Work Order Coordinator to join our Facilities team! This position is responsible for the coordination of all incoming calls for maintenance and repair services. The position works with the Manager of Facilities to establish cost estimates of all maintenance/repair services and schedule repairpersons, laborers and outside contractors. Maintains repair history records of all properties and coordinates with the Manager of Facilities and the completion of all maintenance and repair projects. Off-site travel required and rotating on-call coverage.
What you’ll do:
- Complete all necessary paper work including work orders, purchase orders and sales receipts.
- Update and maintain the computerized property management work order system.
- Attend and present at weekly facilities meetings, including meeting minutes and issues list.
- Assess questionable work orders for request approval from the RSC / Residential Director and relevant Ambulatory Managers
- Approve all AP invoices as related to work orders.
- Work with the Manager to evaluate the scope, cost of projects and develop plans.
- Oversight of outside maintenance contractors and in house facilities staff to monitor work quality performed by those contractors. Assurance that all outside service providers are qualified, licensed and insured.
- On-site investigations of reoccurring problems and preparing recommendation and reports.
- Complete repair work in a quality manner using up to date technology of local, state, and building code requirements.
- Assists the Facilities Manager with review of staff performance and recommend training for staff as needed.
- Maintenance of records for the repair history for each property in order to develop reports as required.
- Hands on construction and repair work required for projects from startup to completion in conjunction with maintenance staff. Will also oversee maintenance staff during these projects.
- Carry the on-call emergency pager and dispatch appropriate vendors to the emergency according to procedure. Responsibility includes follow through until the emergency is resolved. Report problems in timely manner and recommend preventive measures.
- Work with the Facilities Manager to file damage, loss, and accident reports in a timely manner.
- Conduct monthly property inspections and generate reports.
What you’ll need:
- Education: High School degree or GED required.
- Experience: Three (3) years experience in property management and maintenance. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Skills/Certifications: Valid MA Driver’s License and vehicle required.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Pet Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities