Share this job:
Senior Outreach Specialist
We are currently offering a $3,000 sign on bonus for this position.
As a Senior Outreach Specialist for North Suffolk Mental Health Association, you will participate in the engagement, assessment, and treatment planning process as well as work with a dedicated team of staff to provide interventions to address needs and goals of the persons served. This position provides direct services to people in community and group living environment settings in the areas of housing, risk mitigation, transportation, skill-building, money management, medication administration and other areas based on the person centered treatment plan.
Services are provided based on Recovery tenets and are aimed to promote overall health and well-being of persons served.
Expectation of the Role:
- Engage people and partner with them to improve their health and wellness, achieve symptom stabilization and self-management, develop and/or restore skills impacted by mental illness and live a self-directed life.
- Gather information about community agencies to assist in the provision of services.
- Provide side-by-side support and coaching to help people socialize
- Organize and lead individual and group social and recreational activities.
- Carries out the assigned interventions and action steps of the treatment plan, through the provision of direct support and rehabilitation services to people on an individual, group, and family basis (in conjunction with professional staff) in the office and in community settings.
- Experience in coordinating collaborative care within teams
- Collaborate with Housing Coordinators to help each person in finding a safe and affordable place to live – apartment hunting, finding a roommate, landlord negotiations, cleaning, furnishing and decorating
- Ensure that people have adequate financial support
- Participate in medication administration per MAP and DMH policies and protocol.
- Help each person to access reliable transportation
- Assist with supervision of Community Support Specialists
What you’’ll need:
- Education: Master’s or Doctoral degrees in human services related field
- Experience: In lieu of college degree, at least two years experience with population that has severe and persistent mental illness and/or substance use disorder, or established significant expertise in specialized areas related to ACCS components of care
- Skills: Must have a Driver’s license. Must be MAP and CPR/First Aid certified within five months of hire (training provided)
- Vaccination: At least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire and complete the full vaccination schedule in the appropriate timeline as documented by the CDC requirements for vaccination.
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities