Share this job:
Residential Relief Worker – Substance Abuse/Addictions Program
As a Relief Worker, you would be responsible for the health, safety and quality of life of individuals living in our Residential Program. Located in East Boston, the Meridian House is a 30 bed, coed therapeutic community serving an adult population (age 18 and over). Meridian House is considered to be a High Intensity Residential Service. The program provides behavior modification treatment for individuals diagnosed with substance use disorder and co-occurring disorders. We provide medication assisted treatment for those individuals who meet the criteria and residents are treated for mental health disorders. This is a 24 hour a day program with 24 hour per day staffing.
The Relief Worker is a per diem position.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure the health & safety of the individuals at all times through a conscientious awareness of their activities & assist as needed.
- Assist in implementing, teaching, and assisting individuals with IAP goals and objectives.
- Ensure proper administration and documentation of all medication.
- Assist and approve weekly activity logs for each resident assigned.
- Assist residents with benefits.
- Assist and Support assigned residents on budgeting.
- Participate in upkeep and maintenance of program.
- Transport individuals in agency vehicle as needed.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s in a related field preferred.
- Experience: Six months experience working with individuals with substance use disorders.
- Skills: Mass Driver’s License required. Must have the ability to become medication, SFA and CPR certified within five months of hire (training provided)