Share this job:
Residential Recovery Specialist
North Suffolk is looking for a Recovery Specialists for our residential substance use program! The Recovery Specialist is responsible for the health, safety and quality of life of individuals in a residential setting through advocacy, teaching and service planning, individual and group counseling. This is a 40 hour per week position with no weekend hours and no on-call requirement.
What you’ll do:
- Guide and assist residents on meeting treatment plan goals
- Oversee the milieu to ensure residents are safe and supported
- Provide essential group and individual supports to a diverse community
- Receive weekly individual supervision (towards licensure, if needed)
- Be a vital member of a multidisciplinary team of social workers, counselors, nurse practitioners, psychiatrists, recovery coaches, and administrators
What you’ll need:
- Education: High school degree or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 1 years’ experience providing direct care to individuals with substance use and/or co-occurring mental health disorders
- Life Experience: NSMHA values lived experience from individuals who are in recovery. Minimum two years of continuous recovery is required.
- Skills and Abilities: Valid Massachusetts Driver’s License required.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities