Share this job:
Residential Program Director
As a Residential Program Director for North Suffolk Mental Health Association, you’ll be in charge of an intensive group living environment within the Adult Community Clinical Services Program. The Residential Program Director, a licensed clinician, reports to the Clinical Residential Service Coordinator and leads the ICGLE staffs’ efforts in the engagement, assessment and treatment planning process for persons in the program. The Residential Program Director provides administrative leadership, supervision and direction for all team members in ICGLE.
Schedule: Monday- Friday 9a-5p
Expectations of the role:
• Management of staffs’ efforts to engage people and partner with them to improve their health and wellness, achieve symptom stabilization and self-management, develop and/or restore skills impacted by mental illness and live a self-directed life.
• Insures that day to day operations of the group home program are grounded in the philosophy and techniques of psychiatric rehabilitation.
• Assist people with psychiatric and substance use disorders to identify personal priorities, preferences, strengths, and interests in order to help them establish goals that support a life in recovery.
• Instill hope by engaging in positive interactions that promote recovery and empowerment.
• Collaborate with persons to help them to write goals with specific action steps in order to develop effective treatment/rehabilitation recovery plans.
• Collaborates in the development and implementation of Safety Plans and Crisis Prevention and Response Plans in order to help prevent and mitigate risk factors
• Use evidence based practices including motivational interviewing.
• Advocate that persons need to make informed choices to further their own recovery.
• Assist in provision of skill building interventions that help move a person on to the most independent setting or level of care.
• Advocate for better access to public services and natural supports for persons in order to facilitate their recovery and full integration into the community.
• Leads the hiring process for residential staff and ensures that all staff are properly oriented and are trained in all mandatory trainings.
What you’ll need:
Education/Licensure: LPHA licensure required: LICSW, LCSW, LMHC, LRC, LADC1, M.D., R.N., Registered Occupational Therapist or licensed Psychologist
Experience: At least 5 years experience in the provision of clinical or rehabilitative services to adults with chronic and persistent mental health issues and substance use disorders preferred. At least 2 years of supervisory experience.
Skills: Must have Driver’s license. Must be MAP certified, CPR/first aide certified within five (5) continuous months of employment/date of hire (training provided)
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
• Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
• Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
• Employer Paid Life Insurance
• 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
• Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
• Medical/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Access to Credit Union Banking
• Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
• Employee Referral Bonus Program
• Discounted Movie Tickets
• Comprehensive Training Program
• Internal Advancement Opportunities