Share this job:
Counselor for Residential Addiction Program
Provide case management services in a structured residential substance abuse setting, through way of educating and supporting life skills to be able to transition and to sustain recovery in society. Located in East Boston, the Meridian House is a 30 bed, coed therapeutic community serving an adult population 18 and over. Meridian House is considered to be a High Intensity Residential Service. The program provides behavior modification treatment for individuals diagnosed with substance use disorder and co-occurring disorders. We provide medication assisted treatment for those individuals who meet the criteria and residents are treated for mental health disorders. This is a 24 hour a day program with 24 hour per day staffing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and/or participate with residents, based on their needs in self-help skills, activities of daily living, socialization, leisure time and community integration.
- Assist the individual’s team to develop an IAP (Individualized Action Plan).
- Implement, teach, and assist individuals with IAP goals and objectives on a consistent basis.
- Ensure proper administration and documentation of all medication.
- Interface and liaison with external providers and resources, i.e. Courts, DCF, Recovery Coaches, outpatient therapist and prescribers etc.
- Assist and approve weekly activity logs for each resident assigned.
- Assist residents with benefits.
- Assist and Support assigned residents on budgeting.
- Participate in upkeep and maintenance of program.
- Transport individuals in agency vehicle as needed.
Education and Experience Required: High school degree or GED required; Bachelor’s in related field preferred. One (1) to Two (2) years human services experience with similar population preferred. Experience with total communication systems preferred. CPR/first aide certified within five (5) continuous months of employment/date of hire.
Skills and Abilities: Valid Driver’s License required.