Share this job:
Residential Relief Staff
As a Residential Relief Counselor, you will provide direct care to consumers with psychiatric or persistent mental illness in a residential setting. In your role, you will work with consumers, their families, and their Recover Support Team to help improve their lives through building confidence, independence, and quality of life. Relief Staff have the ability to set your own schedule based on your preference and availability, along with the freedom to work in many settings and locations. You can work as many as 40 hours per week. Relief is an excellent, and flexible, entry-level opportunity for students, or those with varying schedules, seeking to start a career in the Human Services field.
Salary: $14.50-$15 per hour
Locations are Burlington, Boston, Charlestown, Chelsea, East Boston, Revere, Saugus, Waltham, West Roxbury and Winthrop
Expectations of the Role:
• Administer medication according to the Medication Administration Plan (MAP)
• Schedule or assist consumers in scheduling routine and preventative medical appointments
• Assist consumers with daily living activities, self-help skills, and socialization
• Participate in housekeeping and maintenance of the house and vehicle.
• Comply with mandatory staffing ratio of the program at all times.
What you’ll need:
Education: High school degree or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
Experience: One to two years human services experience with similar population preferred
Skills: Valid Massachusetts driver’s license preferred; Must be MAP certified, CPR/first aide certified within five continuous months of employment/date of hire (training provided)
Vaccination: At least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire and complete the full vaccination schedule in the appropriate timeline as documented by the CDC requirements for vaccination.