Share this job:
North Suffolk is looking for a Registered Nurse to join our ACCS Teams! As a Registered Nurse, you’ll be a member of the Integrated Team of the Adult Community Clinical Services Program providing assessment, treatment planning and service delivery processes for persons. The R.N. is responsible for providing monitoring of the medical and psychiatric status of persons and provides consultation in these areas in addition to direct interventions and care coordination. The R.N. also provides oversight of the MAP process and may augment the MAP protocol by administering medicine that MAP certified staff can not administer. The Registered Nurse is a resource to the team and guides interventions that are health and medically related.
What you’ll do:
- Engage people and partner with them to improve their health and wellness, achieve symptom stabilization and self-management, develop and/or restore skills impacted by mental illness and live a self-directed life.
- Assist people with psychiatric and substance use disorders to identify personal priorities, preferences, strengths, and interests in order to help them establish goals that support a life in recovery.
- Provide clinical and medical services in timely and flexible ways that are consistent with the principles and practices of trauma informed care and person centered approaches.
- Collaborate with persons to help them to write goals with specific action steps in order to develop effective treatment/rehabilitation recovery plans.
- Participate in the development and implementation of Safety Plans and Crisis Prevention and Response Plans in order to help prevent and mitigate risk factors.
- In conjunction with the Integrated Team, work with persons served in engagement, relationship building, assessment and treatment planning, risk assessment, skill building, medication administration and education, and other skills and services.
- In collaboration with other members of the Integrated Team, participate in comprehensive assessment of psychiatric history, mental status, and diagnosis; physical health and dental health; use of drugs or alcohol; education and employment; social development and functioning; activities of daily living and family structure and relationships..
- Participate in the collaboration with Behavioral Health Community Partners, One Care, Case Managers and/or other Care Coordination Entities to improve or maintain the health status of persons served.
- Assess persons with acute changes in health status and helps formulate strategies to address findings.
- In collaboration with persons and Team and health care providers and entities, educates persons, LARs and family members concerning medical issues and helps the relevant people make medical treatment decisions.
- Educates persons and staff in areas of diet, nutrition, meal planning and diabetic care.
- Participate in providing on-call services including on evenings and weekends per on-call schedule.
- Other duties assigned.
What you’ll need:
- Education/Certifications: Must licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in Massachusetts. Must be CPR/First Aid & MAP certified within three months of hire.
- Experience: Must have at least one year of experience working with individuals with mental illness. Previous supervisory experience preferred, but not required.
- Other: Must have valid Massachusetts Driver’s license and access to a vehicle to attend community visits.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities