Share this job:
Registered Nurse- RN
As a Registered Nurse for NSMHA you will participate in the assessment, treatment planning and service delivery processes for persons served in a residential setting. The R.N. is responsible for providing monitoring of the medical and psychiatric status of persons and provides consultation in these areas in addition to direct interventions and care coordination. The R.N. also provides oversight of the MAP process and may augment the MAP protocol by administering medicine that MAP certified staff can not administer. The Registered Nurse is a resource to the team of staff and guides interventions that are health and medically related.
Expectations of the Role:
• Engage people and partner with them to improve their health and wellness, achieve symptom stabilization and self-management, develop and/or restore skills impacted by mental illness and live a self directed life
• Provide clinical & medical services in timely & flexible ways that are consistent with the principles & practices of trauma informed care & person-centered approaches
• In collaboration with other members of the program, participate in comprehensive assessment of psychiatric history, mental status and diagnosis; physical health and dental health; use of drugs or alcohol; education and employment; social development and functioning; activities of daily living; and family structure and relationships
• Educates persons, LARs and family members concerning medical issues and helps the relevant people make medical treatment decisions
• Trains and educates persons served and other staff in areas of diet, nutrition, meal planning and diabetic care
• Supervises CNA staff and all other duties assigned by Manager.
What you’ll need:
Education: High school diploma/GED required. Must have licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Massachusetts.
Experience: At least one year experience working with individuals with mental illness
Skills: Must have valid driver’s license. Must be MAP certified within five months of hire and complete CPR/First Aide within orientation period (all training/certification provided).
• Two Weeks’ Vacation per year (Three Weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
• Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
• Employer Paid Life Insurance
• 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
• Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
• Medical/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Access to Credit Union Banking
• Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
• All Team Members have access to the following benefits:
• Employee Referral Bonus Program
• Discounted Movie Tickets
• Comprehensive Training Program
• Internal Advancement Opportunities
A career with a cause
Since 1959, North Suffolk Mental Health Association, Inc. has provided community-based mental health services to individuals and families in East Boston, Boston, Chelsea, Revere and Winthrop. To better serve our community, NSMHA has developed a comprehensive and integrated community-based system of engagement, treatment, rehabilitation and support programs to promote the recovery of adults living with serious mental illness, addictions and co-occurring disorders. Adult Community Clinical Services (ACCS) is a comprehensive clinically focused service anchored by a multi-disciplinary team that provides services through an integrated team led by clinical staff. ACCS will provide clinical interventions and peer and family support to facilitate engagement, support functioning and maximize symptom stabilization and self-management of individuals diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness.