Share this job:
Recovery Volunteer Coordinator
North Suffolk is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to join our STEPRox team! Are you active in your community? Familiar with substance abuse and mental health? Ready to use your skills and knowledge to give others a helping hand? The Volunteer Coordinator works in the STEPRox Recovery Support Center to engage peers in activities that support the agency’s goals and values. As a Volunteer Coordinator you will coordinate the activities and schedules of members and volunteers to ensure effective program implementation.
What you’ll do:
- Recruit volunteers and create linkages.
- Perform the initial screening process for all volunteers.
- Facilitate the orientation of peer members and volunteers and establish a schedule of participation.
- Assist in the training of peers to become facilitators of peer groups.
- Meet regularly with volunteers to update them about opportunities and resources.
- Develop and maintain a up-to-date volunteer database and tracking system.
- Conduct a variety of activities that meet the diverse interests and needs of the recovery community
What you’ll need:
- Education: High School Diploma or GED and one year of supervised experience in substance abuse, a related human services field, or equivalent.
- Experience/Knowledge: Knowledge and understanding of: addiction as a disease and recovery is highly preferred. Knowledge of substance use disorders and recovery especially in outreach, engagement and community building.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers, their families, visitors, and other staff.
- Good telephone skills
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to interface with small or large groups
- Ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Proficiency in MS Word and ability to use a data file system.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities