Share this job:
Recovery Volunteer Coordinator
NSMHA is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to join our new program -Recovery on the Harbor. The Volunteer Coordinator engages peers in activities that support the agency’s goals and values. You will coordinate the activities and schedules of members and volunteers to ensure effective program implementation. This position is 40 hours per week, some evenings and weekends required.
What you’ll do:
- Recruit volunteers and create linkages.
- Perform the initial screening process for all volunteers.
- Facilitate the orientation of peer members and volunteers and establish a schedule of participation.
- Assist in the training of peers to become facilitators of peer groups.
- Meet regularly with volunteers to update them about opportunities and resources.
- Develop and maintain a up-to-date volunteer database and tracking system.
- Conduct a variety of activities that meet the diverse interests and needs of the recovery community
- Assist in the updates and maintenance of all social media platforms
What you’ll need:
- Education: High school diploma or GED and one year of supervised experience in substance abuse, a related human services field, or equivalent.
- Experience: Knowledge and understanding of addiction as a disease and recovery is highly preferred. Recovery Coach Academy preferred. Knowledge of substance use disorders and recovery especially in outreach, engagement and community building.
- Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to use data file systems. Preferred knowledge of social media.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Pet Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities