Share this job:
Recovery Outreach Coordinator
NSMHA is looking for an Outreach Coordinator to join our new program, Recovery on the Harbor. The Outreach Coordinator assists the Volunteer Coordinator with the trainings of volunteers and new members and working on community initiatives and outreach activities to ensure effective program implementation. Position is 40 hours per week, some evening and weekends required.
What you’ll do:
- Engage in the peer to peer participatory process and support Center’s staff in implementation of this process.
- Coordinate peer involvement in community events.
- Assist with data collection and support evaluation process.
- Assist in the review of analysis to determine outreach program effectiveness
- Assist in the development of educational materials and marketing of events.
- Participate in distribution of information i.e. brochures, event announcements etc…
- Assist with cataloging ,tracking and linking members to resources in and around the community.
- Coordinate the ordering of materials and supplies
- Attend and participate in applicable external meetings and trainings.
What you’ll need:
- Education: High school diploma or GED and one year of supervised experience in substance abuse, a related human services field, or equivalent.
- Experience: Knowledge and understanding of addiction as a disease and recovery is highly preferred. Recovery coach Academy preferred. Familiarity with local recovery community and local businesses.
- Skills: Valid Massachusetts driver’s license required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data filing systems.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Pet Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities