Share this job:
Outreach Coordinator – Recovery on the Harbor
North Suffolk is looking for an Outreach Coordinator to join our team! The Outreach Coordinator will work at our new Recovery on the Harbor program located in East Boston. The Outreach Coordinator works with the Volunteer Coordinator on trainings of volunteers and new members in community initiatives and outreach activities to ensure effective program implementation.
What you’ll do:
- Engage in the peer to peer participatory process and support Center’s staff in implementation of this process
- Coordinate peer involvement in community events.
- Assist with data collection and support evaluation process.
- Assist in the review of outreach program effectiveness
- Assist in the development of educational materials and marketing of events.
- Participate in the gathering and distribution of information i.e. brochures, event announcements etc…..
- Assist with cataloging, tracking and linking members to resources in and around the community
- Coordinate the ordering of materials and supplies
- Attend and participate in applicable external meetings and trainings.
What you’ll need:
- Education:High school diploma or GED
- Experience: one year of supervised experience in substance abuse, a related human services field, or equivalent.
- Skills: Knowledge and understanding of addiction as a disease and recovery is highly preferred. Recovery Coach Academy preferred. Knowledge of substance use disorders and recovery especially in outreach, engagement and community building. Familiarity with local recovery community and local business. Valid Massachusetts drivers license.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities