Share this job:
Residential Recovery Counselor – Overnight
North Suffolk is seeking Overnight Counselors for our two Substance Abuse/Addictions Residential Programs – Meridian House, located in East Boston, and our new program River House located in Chelsea. These programs provide behavior modification treatment for individuals diagnosed with substance use disorder and co-occurring disorders. We provide medication assisted treatment for those individuals who meet the criteria and residents are treated for mental health disorders. This is a 24 hour a day program with 24 hour per day staffing.
What you’ll do:
- Be awake and available to consumers during overnight shift.
- Perform household maintenance and upkeep activities.
- Perform hourly security checks.
- Write log notes at end of shift, noting any incidents, and maintain regular communication with other team members.
- Perform weekly medication counts, medication audits and communicate with day staff the need to order refills.
- Complete basic administrative tasks such as answering phone for program, filing, data entry, and word processing.
- Monitor residents urine screening and supervise donations.
- Perform all duties based on resident’s needs and schedule.
- Monitor and ensure health and safety of residents.
- Respond appropriately to residents and act as a role model.
- Contribute to the efforts of the program in maintaining a high quality living environment, and to the overall quality of life for consumers.
- Conduct and document routine fire drills and other fire prevention activities.
What you’ll need:
- Education: High school degree or GED required; Bachelor’s in related field preferred.
- Experience: One (1) year human services experience with similar population required.
- Skills: Mass Driver’s license required. MAP, First Aid and CPR certification, or ability to become certified within 5 months of hire required (training provided)
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities