Share this job:
Data Analyst – Quality Management
North Suffolk is looking for a Data Analyst to join our Quality Management team! The Data Analyst must have experience working with large and complex sets of healthcare data and be detail oriented with strong analytical, communication, critical thinking and math skills. The Analyst will interact closely with internal and external managers/constituents to define projects and detailed analysis plans and reporting systems that will help guide business decisions. The Analyst will support the current SQL database system and will conduct research on software applications that would support the Agency to be more efficient with data and outcomes collection and reporting. The Analyst must possess very strong organizational skills, maintain excellent documentation, and have experience with interpreting and presenting data to senior and executive level managers.
The projected pay range for this position is 55k – 60k a year depending on experience.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement data collection process and reporting activities as part of continuous quality improvement.
- Receive, store, merge and clean data sets of varying size and complexity, preparing data for analyses.
- Work closely with the Directors of Accounts Payable and Applications and Data Management with reporting and analyzing data from the electronic health record and health care claims databases.
- Work with clinical staff, administrators and managers to support the implementation of outcomes tools and quality reporting measures as required by state and federal funders.
- Manage data and reports related to staff productivity.
- Provide detailed descriptions of analyses and findings for funding proposals, grants, compliance deliverables, and quality initiatives.
- Facilitate, interpret and present data to various levels of management.
- Represent the Agency on external data-related workgroups or committees, as needed.
- Oversee maintenance and expansion of QM databases to meet the growing needs of the Agency.
- Coordinate migration and import of data from stand-alone databases to the Client Central system, and/or make recommendations regarding coordination of data from disparate systems.
- Coordinate with the Security and Privacy Officers to support the security, and confidentiality of client-related data.
- Work with QM staff and department managers to support workflow and output of data collection processes and reporting systems.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and as-needed aggregate and trend reports related to program, department and agency quality and outcomes data.
- Responsible for the preparation of quality and outcomes data, for annual reports.
Education and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required in Public Health, Statistics, Computer Science or a similar discipline.
- Experience: three to five years experience managing databases and conducting data analysis.
- Skills: Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Access, Excel, SQL, Outlook, Crystal Reports, and PowerPoint. Advanced skills in statistical analysis of healthcare data, performance measurement, business intelligence and evaluation.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities