Share this job:
Program Manager – After School Program
North Suffolk is looking for a Program Manager to join our After School Program! The Program Manager is responsible for the overall clinical and administrative aspects of the Children’s After School Program consistent with applicable state, local and federal contracts, regulations and guidelines.
CASP is a voluntary, community based, therapeutic program for children ages 6 to 13 with emotional, behavioral, and mental health needs. The program is structured and utilizes a positive reinforcement reward system. At CASP, children participate in therapeutic groups which focus on developing social skills and adaptive coping skills. A primary goal of the program is to support and maintain children with their families in their home communities. To do this, each child is assisted with case management services and coordination of care between the program, family, and other providers. While at CASP, each child works directly with a Clinical Therapist, a Youth Care Specialist and a Youth Care Mentor. Additionally, transportation is provided year round.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare and monitor budgets, contracts, regulations and evaluations as required by applicable state, local and federal contracts, regulations or guidelines.
- Develop and oversee all milieu activities.
- Maintain contracts with agencies for the purpose of referrals, compliance with regulations and general community relations.
- Represent the program at appropriate meetings, conferences, etc.
- Provide leadership, supervision and evaluation of program staff.
- Provide milieu treatment to participants.
- Conduct psychosocial assessments diagnostics formulates and treatment plans with consumers.
- Manage risk issues of program staff as well as consumers.
- Evaluate training needs of program.
- Provide outreach to consumers in homes and other community settings.
- Collaborate with collaterals.
- Provide some third party services as needed to bring additional revenue to the programs.
- Assist other staff in transporting clients to and from program in agency van.
What you’ll need:
- Education: Master’s degree required.
- Experience: Experience with children with significant behavior problems, experience with serious emotional disturbances. Previous experience in therapeutic after-school setting, day treatment, and or residential preferred.
- Skills: A valid Massachusetts driver’s license is required and minimum three (3) years driving history required. Valid 7D license or ability to become licensed required. Bilingual (Spanish & English) is highly preferred. Must be CPR and First Aid certified or able to become certified within 3 months of hire.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities