Share this job:
Overnight Counselor – Substance Abuse/Addiction Residential Program
NSMHA is seeking an Awake Overnight Counselor for Meridian House. Located in East Boston, the Meridian House is a 30 bed, coed therapeutic community serving an adult population 18 and over. Meridian House is considered to be a High Intensity Residential Service. The program provides behavior modification treatment for individuals diagnosed with substance use disorder and co-occurring disorders. We provide medication assisted treatment for those individuals who meet the criteria and residents are treated for mental health disorders. This is a 24 hour a day program with 24 hour per day staffing.
What you’ll do:
- Be awake and available to consumers during overnight shift.
- Perform household maintenance and upkeep activities.
- Perform hourly security checks.
- Write log notes at end of shift, noting any incidents, and maintain regular communication with other team members.
- Perform weekly medication counts, medication audits and communicate with day staff the need to order refills.
- Complete basic administrative tasks such as answering phone for program, filing, data entry, and word processing.
- Monitor residents urine screening and supervise donations.
- Perform all duties based on resident’s needs and schedule.
- Monitor and ensure health and safety of residents.
- Respond appropriately to residents and act as a role model.
- Contribute to the efforts of the program in maintaining a high quality living environment, and to the overall quality of life for consumers.
- Conduct and document routine fire drills and other fire prevention activities.
What you’ll need:
- Education: High school degree or GED required; Bachelor’s in related field preferred.
- Experience: One (1) year human services experience with similar population required.
- Skills: Mass Driver’s license required. MAP, First Aid and CPR certification, or ability to become certified within 5 months of hire required (training provided)
• Employer Paid Life Insurance
• 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
• Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
• Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Access to Credit Union Banking
• Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
• All Team Members have access to the following benefits:
• Employee Referral Bonus Program
• Discounted Movie Tickets
• Comprehensive Training Program
• Internal Advancement Opportunities