Share this job:
The Outreach Worker provides intensive case management services to adults and children with mental health and substance abuse issues who are considered to be at risk in the community. Services may include coordination of treatment, outreach and advocacy, assistance with basic needs, skill building and facilitating linkage to other community based and natural support systems.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish and maintain relationships with client, providing contact and support.
- Act as liaison between service providers, community and the client and provides comprehensive initial assessment of need areas for all clients referred.
- Conducts risk assessment with each client and formulates a crisis plan.
- Assists individuals in scheduling and attending medical appointments as well as accessing outpatient mental health treatment.
- Assists individuals with official correspondence pertaining to insurance eligibility, social security and other entitlement programs
- Help the client identify and access appropriate resources to support the client’s recovery.
What You’ll Need::
- Experience: Previous outreach experience with populations with mental illness and/or substance abuse strongly preferred.
- Skills: Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Bilingual strongly encouraged to apply. Please note bilingual ability on resume.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or a related field or anticipated graduation date within one semester.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities