Share this job:
Operations Manager – Emergency Services
NSMHA is looking for an Operations Manager to join our Emergency Services team! This position is responsible for overseeing and supporting the non-clinical functions of the Emergency Services Division including payroll, scheduling, review and approval of staff reimbursement requests; as well as supervising staff regarding agency policies and procedures.
The Operations Manager supports the needs of the Director of Emergency Services, other program managers and staff from all Emergency Services Programs. The Operations Manager possesses a comprehensive knowledge of each of the Emergency Services Programs including the staffing, material and administrative needs of each program and coordinates vendors, purchasing and other services to meet these needs and ensure efficient functioning of each program. This position is responsible for interfacing with other departments within the agency, such as HR, Payroll, and IT as well as vendor agencies when appropriate.
What you’ll do:
- Under the supervision of Director of Emergency Services Programs (ESP) this position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with North Suffolk’s policies and applicable laws
- Possess a thorough understanding of agency wide and program specific policies and procedures and provide guidance to staff and other managers to ensure program compliance with these policies and procedures.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies for programs, as needed, in collaboration with Director of Emergency Services and North Suffolk Leadership to support of organizations mission
- Act as a liaison between Emergency Services programs’ staff and agency Support Services Programs (HR, IT, payroll, maintenance and Finance), and other agency programs as appropriate.
- Manage cash flow for programs including petty cash and staff expense reimbursement. Review and approve staff requests for reimbursement for travel and other financial expenditures under the supervision of the Director of Emergency Services.
- Assist Director of Emergency Services with annual budget planning and monitoring of monthly financial reports including contract billing, profit and loss and general ledger.
- Work together with Director of Emergency Services, COO and contract leadership as needed for program planning
- Utilize program data to develop reports as needed.
- Coordination of timesheets and reporting to payroll, management of time-off requests. Coordination of the timesheets for staff who work under multiple Emergency Program cost centers.
- Providing training, supervision, quality assurance, and corrective action to staff as needed in collaboration with other program managers and the Director of Emergency Services
- Compile information from managers and staff to maintain program employee files related to attendance, supervision and performance.
- Provide direct supervision to administrative staff.
- Responsible for management and oversight of supplies and oversight of outsourced services relative to the crisis stabilization unit (i.e. linen service, meals, nursing supplies, etc.)
- Ultimate oversight and responsibility that all systems, procedures, and office functions are consistent and uniform among all Emergency Services Programs.
What you’ll need:
- Education: Associate’s degree required or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience: Formal Administrative training with supervisory experience or four (4) to five (5) years relevant experience required.
- Skills: CPR/First Aid certified, or ability to become certified within five months of hire. Ability to travel between locations in order to attend meetings, travel between sites, and attend off-site functions.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities