Share this job:
Early Childhood Occupational Therapist
We have an exciting opportunity for someone looking to work directly with infants and toddlers in an Early Intervention setting! Early Intervention services are provided to infants and toddlers presenting with developmental delay or who have risk of delay due to environmental, medical and/or biological factors. The OT is responsible for the assessment, and treatment of children between birth through three years of age who are in need of this specialized therapy.
- Provide clinical assessments, evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of children using individual and group techniques.
- Participate with/or supervises staff for assessments and interventions.
- Administer and interpret client assessment activities as needed.
- Participate in service coordination activities as a team member.
- Prepare written reports as needed. Maintain all required DPH, agency and program required documentation and ensure all client file placement.
- Share knowledge and resources about involved pediatric occupational therapy intervention to client’s parents and staff.
- Maintain all equipment used in occupational therapy.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from a curriculum in Occupational Therapy approved by the American Occupational Therapy Association and licensed by the Massachusetts Board of Allied Health Professions.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience working with children from birth to three years of age. Pediatric work experience required.
Skills: Either be or to become Early Intervention certified with DPH. Must have a valid Mass. Driver’s license and access to a vehicle/Ability to service clients in home, program, medical and community setting. Bilingual applicants are strongly encouraged to apply!
Schedule: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, 40 hours.
This position offers competitive benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance,
- Vision insurance
- Short term disability insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Pet insurance
- 403b Retirement with employer matching
- Educational Reimbursement