Share this job:
Certified Nursing Assistant
As a Certified Nursing Assistant for North Suffolk Mental Health Association, you’ll participate in the engagement, assessment and treatment planning process and as part of the program. This position provides direct services to people in ICGLE/ IMGLE settings in the areas of medical health, daily living skills, transportation, skill-building, money management, medication administration, risk mitigation and other areas based on the person centered treatment plan. Services are provided based on recovery tenets and are aimed to promote overall health and well-being of persons served.
Schedule: Few shifts available, please specify preferred shift on application.
Tuesday-Saturday 7a-3p, Tuesday-Saturday 3p-11p or Sunday-Thursday 7a-3p
Salary Range: $17.50-$19.50
Expectations of the Role:
• Provides hands on assistance with personal care, mobility assistance and help with housekeeping in addition to medical interventions to address needs and goals of persons served.
• Assist persons with showers and laundry. Assistance with transporting from bed to wheelchair, wheel chair to shower.
• Participate in housekeeping and upkeep of the assigned persons living areas.
• Order appropriate medical supplies for the program.
• Participate in all required clinical and skill trainings to enhance skills and knowledge base.
• Assist persons with movement and exercise.
What you’ll need:
Education: High school diploma/GED required. Must have C.N.A certificate.
Experience: Minimum of six months experience working with similar population in a human services environment.
Skills: Must be MAP certified, CPR/First Aid certification during orientation.
Vaccination: At least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire and complete the full vaccination schedule in the appropriate timeline as documented by the CDC requirements for vaccination.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
• Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
• Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
• Employer Paid Life Insurance
• 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
• Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
• Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Access to Credit Union Banking
• Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
• Employee Referral Bonus Program
• Discounted Movie Tickets
• Comprehensive Training Program
• Internal Advancement Opportunities