Share this job:
MA Level Clinician – After School Program
We are offering a $6,000 sign on bonus for this position.
NSMHA is looking for a Clinician to join our Children’s After School Program! CASP is a voluntary, therapeutic program for 8 children between the ages of 6 to13 who experience mental health needs. This position is 40 hrs per week however the program is only opened from 2pm to 5pm, Monday through Friday. During these hours the children participate in therapeutic activities that focus on developing their social skills and adaptive coping skills.
What you’ll do:
- Plan and facilitate 1 therapeutic group per day based on the social skill of the week.
- Support the milieu staff during the activities portion of the programming framed at building social skills.
- When needed, connect with the youth’s external clinical team to support coordination.
- Facilitate family consultations &/or multi-family group(s) as needed.
- Complete a daily activity note to capture the youth’s goal achievement.
- When needed accompany milieu staff during transportation and/or drive the pupil van.
- Support and encourage the team’s adherence to professional clinical behavioral health standards.
What you’ll need:
- Education: Masters in Counseling, Social Work or related field required.
- Experience: 1 year experience working with school age children is preferred. Milieu, group, and expressive or recreational therapy experience is preferred.
- Skills: A valid Massachusetts driver’s license is required. Bilingual (Spanish & English) is highly preferred.
- Vaccination: At least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire and complete the full vaccination schedule in the appropriate timeline as documented by the CDC requirements for vaccination.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities