Share this job:
Clinician – Jail Diversion
North Suffolk is looking for a Clinician to join our Emergency Services team! The Jail Diversion Clinician (Co-Responding Mobile Coordinator) works directly with the Chelsea Police Department and will ride along with Chelsea Police Officers in order to directly engage with clients in the community in need of acute psychiatric care. You will provide direct emergency psychiatric clinical services to youth and their families along with coordination and consultation to other care providers . This position also provides prescreening evaluations for information and referral purposes and communicates ongoing needs of youth and families back to the emergency services team to coordinate and execute follow up. This position is part of an emergency services team providing continuity of care to all clients, children and families, adults, and allied services. This is an on-site position in Chelsea, with the expectation of mobile response and co response with the Chelsea Police Department.
The projected pay range for this position is 60k – 75k a year depending on experience.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate directly with the Chelsea Police Department (CPD) and be available to assist CPD officers with calls for individuals exhibiting signs of mental health distress, to provide real-time onsite, in the community or at the police station evaluations and rapid access to other community supports.
- Provide direct emergency psychiatric clinical services to youth, families and other clients.
- Coordinate and consult to other service providers and pre-screen for insurance authorization for appropriate levels of care.
- Primary participant of the Chelsea HUB, includes attending meetings and providing clinical support during and after as needed.
- Provide, along with other emergency services staff, continuity of support, coordination of disposition planning, and treatment services for the duration of the MCI episode of care according to clinical need.
- Fulfill all aspects of YMCI (Youth Mobile Crisis Intervention) ESP specifications, which require in-home crisis intervention with youth and families and coordination of follow up with other staff members of the Emergency Services Program to insure needs of youth and family are met to reduce crisis.
- Evaluate clients in terms of treatment setting and treatment plan. The evaluation needs to include the presenting problem, social, family, psychiatric and medical history, mental status, educational and vocational needs, formulation of tentative diagnosis, treatment plan and recommendations made with client and guardian when applicable.
- Identify needs and strengths; assist in planning, implementing and evaluating necessary care for individuals, children and families in conjunction with community resources.
- Asses crisis or emergency situations and intervene immediately with appropriate treatment for clients
- Weekends, Holiday and shift rotation will be required.
What you’ll need:
- Master’s Degree in relevant human services clinical specialty that is Medicaid reimbursable.
- Minimum one year in a psychiatric emergency service or similar setting required.
- Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred. Please indicate language capabilities in application.
- Valid drivers license and access to a car required. Off site travel is required.
- Vaccination: At least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire and complete the full vaccination schedule in the appropriate timeline as documented by the CDC requirements for vaccination.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities