Share this job:
In Home Therapy Assistant Program Manager
North Suffolk is looking for an Assistant Program Manager to join our In-Home Therapy Team! This position supervises IHT Clinicians, Therapeutic Training & Support staff, and Therapeutic Mentors as well as provides direct clinical services for clients. The Assistant Program Manager is responsible for ensuring the overall coordination of care for clients when IHT is the ranking Hub provider, and ensures that all services are provided in accordance with the IHT/TM Performance Specifications and Systems of Care Philosophy. This position is expected to provide program, clinical leadership and support to the IHT/TM Program Manager. The Assistant Program Manager works closely with NSMHA staff, parents/guardians, community providers and referral sources as appropriate and/or directed.
What you’ll do:
- IHT Assistant Program Manager assists the Program Manager by carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with North Suffolk’s policies and applicable laws.
- Provide in the moment and weekly clinical/administrative supervision to clinicians; Training and Support staff; Therapeutic Mentors; and interns, as assigned, to meet IHT/TM Performance Specifications and medical necessity criteria.
- Independently review and sign off on Staff Safety Assessments, Comprehensive Assessments, Treatment Plans, Discharge Plans, and all other client documentation requiring the signature of an IHT/TM supervisor.
- Monitor weekly billing tickets of supervisees to ensure that standards are met for IHT/TM services.
- Receive and triage program referrals as directed. Assign cases, in collaboration with Program Manager and independently, to staff based on evaluation of case needs and staff capacity.
- Carry and respond to referral pager and On-Call Leadership on a rotating schedule.
- Collaborate with providers and referrers to determine, utilizing independent judgment, whether a case might be appropriate for IHT/TM services.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings with MCEs.
- Participate in weekly Utilization Review of program files.
- Provide 1-1 IHT services as an IHT clinician to a caseload determined by Program Manager.
- Provide crisis intervention and guidance to clients and clients’ families.
- Formulate independent psychosocial diagnosis and treatment plans.
- Complete Risk Management Safety Plans.
- Provide ongoing assessment and treatment to clients using individual, group and family modalities.
- Accompany families to meetings pertaining to the youth’s behavioral health treatment in a variety of settings. (e.g. school, foster home, community based locations, etc.)
What you’ll need:
- Education: Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field required.
- Certifications/Skills: Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) preferred. CANS certification is required.
- Experience: Minimum of three (3) years experience working in the field of child and family mental health. One (1) year previous supervisory experience highly preferred. Previous experience in the provision of community based and/or in-home 1-1 clinical or behavioral services to children, youth and families with chronic and persistent mental health issues required.
- Other: Valid Mass Driver’s License and access to a vehicle required. Off-site travel required.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Competitive salary based on experience
- A 12% salary differential for Spanish language capacity
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities