Share this job:
Human Rights Coordinator
We are offering a $3,000 sign on bonus for this position.
North Suffolk is looking for a Human Rights Coordinator to join our team! This position is responsible for promoting, monitoring and protecting the rights of all consumers served by North Suffolk Mental Health Association. This position supports and monitors Quality Management processes and activities related to consumer human rights and consumer advocacy.
The starting pay rate for this position is $52k annually.
What you’ll do:
- Collect, ensure input, collate and distribute key indicator data related to complaints, investigations, restrictions, restraints, and incidents. Monitor the completion of follow-up activities related to risk data.
- Train and orient Agency staff in the fundamentals of human rights policies and procedures.
- Provide on-going training, support and resources to Program Human Rights Officers.
- Ensure all consumers and guardians are informed of their rights and agency grievance processes. Ensure that materials and resources related to human rights and grievance processes are accessible.
- Support the Agency Privacy Officer to develop and monitor policies and procedures related to the privacy and security of consumer information.
- Coordinate all activities related to Human Rights complaints and investigations.
- Coordinate all activities related to the Agency Human Rights Committee.
- Act as a liaison to state agencies, funders, insurance providers, and external reviewers for risk and complaint data/systems.
- Facilitate the Agency’s Risk Committee; preparing and distributing risk data to committee members and work collectively to identify trends and patterns and develop actions when necessary.
- Ensure Agency policies, procedures and resources related to human rights are up-to-date and accessible to all staff and consumers.
- Work in conjunction with QM staff to coordinate, collect, analyze and distribute all data related to consumer, guardian, customer and funder Satisfaction Surveys.
- Local travel required to visit programs, meet with consumers, conduct investigations, and attend meetings.
What you’ll need:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience: Three (3) year’s experience in human services. A minimum of 1 year experience in an environment utilizing Quality Management processes/systems. A minimum of 6 months experience in participating in processes related to risk management.
- Skills/Other: Valid Massachusetts driver’s license and vehicle required. Off site travel required.
- Vaccination: At least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire and complete the full vaccination schedule in the appropriate timeline as documented by the CDC requirements for vaccination.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities