Share this job:
We are currently offering a $3,000 sign on bonus for this position.
North Suffolk is looking for a HUD Bookkeeper to join our team! The HUD Bookkeeper is responsible for the financial statement preparation of all HUD projects through balance sheet reconciliation. Prepare and manage HUD Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. Responsible for the accurate reconciliation of designated balance sheet accounts for NSMHA. In addition, this position is responsible for assisting the Vehicle Coordinator with the administrative and operations of NSMHA fleet of vehicles.
The projected pay range for this position is 45k – 52k a year depending on experience.
What You’ll Do:
1. Responsible for the monthly closing of all HUD organizations.
2. Assist in the preparation of yearly HUD budgets with the Director of Housing.
3. Responsible for all billing, move-ins and move-outs as related to HUD Accounts, records, client billing and reserve draw downs.
4. Perform bank reconciliations, journal entries, and federal grant wires to ensure accuracy of cash balances and appropriate cash flow requirements for all HUD corporations.
5. Responsible for the accurate reconciliation of designated balance sheet accounts for NSMHA for monthly closing and year-end audit.
6. Management of cash, loans, and investments for all HUD corporations.
7. Monthly maintenance of fixed assets for all HUD corporations.
8. Prepare yearly re-certifications of all clients, “HUD and Non-HUD”, for rent re-determinations, including lease preparations and lease amendments.
9. Maintain data on client security deposits and rent receivable. Pay out security deposits as needed.
10. Maintain data base for client rent for all of NSMHA residential programs, including monthly cash receipts billing and accounts receivable.
11. Annually, assist in the preparation of MHFA and HUD audits reports.
12. Prepare year-end audit for presentation to an independent auditor.
13. Special projects as required by the Director of Housing, C.F.O. and the C.E.O.
1. Responsible for the administrative monitoring of NMSHA fleet of agency owned and/or leased vehicles.
2. Management of the day to day operations of NSMHA fleet of vehicles.
3. Interfaces with agency insurance agents and underwriters.
4. Interface with all intra-agency programs that are assigned agency vehicles to ensure safety and general vehicle maintenance is ongoing.
5. Ensure compliance with all appropriate licensing and regulatory agencies (Registry of Motor Vehicles, Department of Telecommunications & Energy), and NSMHA Quality Management Systems.
6. Interface with appropriate insurance vendor to deal with motor vehicle accidents involving agency vehicles. Research, arrange and follow up on required repair work as a result of damage from motor vehicle accidents.
7. Collect, register, and maintain on-the-road testing information.
8. Assist in the maintenance of the vehicle database and produce reports as needed.
1. Interface with all intra-agency programs that are assigned agency vehicles to ensure that safety and general vehicle maintenance is ongoing.
2. Participate in the development of appropriate trainings, policies and procedures
relevant to the operation and management of NSMHA fleet of vehicles.
3. Interface with support vendors responsible for the general maintenance and
upkeep of NSMHA fleet of vehicles (Auto Body Shops, General Repair Vendors)
4. Properly discard old and unwanted vehicles to appropriate vendors.
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS in Accounting (or similar field) and three (3) years experience; or seven (7) years experience in a related field in place of degree.
- Proficiency in Excel.
Experience with an automated accounting system.
- Proficiency in Excel.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities