Share this job:
Administrative Assistant – Freedom Trail Clinic
North Suffolk is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our Freedom Trail Clinic team! The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the operations of outpatient clinic or day treatment Front Desk(s) and/or Central Intake Office and for the oversight of and provision administrative support to medical and clinical staff.
What You’ll Do:
- Greet and check in all clinic visitors and clients. Collect all health insurance information, manage co-payments and cash collection, schedule and confirm appointments.
- Manage completion and collection of client intake information.
- Answer clinic calls and triage as appropriate.
- Checks insurance eligibility according to protocol for all persons served and promptly conveys any problems to the appropriate billing or clinical staff. Presents prior authorization paperwork to clinicians on the same day to prevent lapses in insurance coverage.
- Assist with the maintenance of the client’s Electronic Health Record (EHR) including updating, scanning and collaborating with clinicians to make sure file is accurate and up to date.
- Assist with the maintenance of the client’s billing & health insurance information, ensuring all info is up to date.
- Compiles weekly cash collections and sends to Central Office as per protocol.
- Reviews next day scheduled appointments and follows procedures to confirm client insurance eligibility and ensure our billing system has accurate and up to date information.
- Reconcile the cash to the cash receipt ledger throughout the day and secure all cash at the end of the day following clinic procedures. Compile weekly cash receipts and send to Central Office as per protocol.
- Oversee general office upkeep and maintenance including, but not limited to, coordination of repairs to office machines, ordering & restocking supplies, and coordinating office assignments.
- For callers requesting new services fill out the FTC intake form.
- Triage Emergency Services & Research department phone calls/clinic visitors.
- Provide coverage as needed to other clinics and programs.
- Coordination and assignment of offices on a daily basis for all part time and FFS staff; psychiatric residents; nursing and social work interns.
What You’ll Need:
- Education: High School Diploma or GED completion required. Associate’s degree preferred.
- Experience: Previous office experience, preferably in a healthcare setting, and computer skills required.
- Vaccination: At least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire and complete the full vaccination schedule in the appropriate timeline as documented by the CDC requirements for vaccination.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities