Share this job:
Family Partner – Provide Peer Support for Other Parents/Caregivers!
Do you have experience as the parent or guardian of a child/youth with complex emotional, behavioral, or mental health needs?
Grow your career in human services by providing peer support to other families.
The Family Partner provides a structured one-to-one, strength-based relationship to a parent/caregiver of a Seriously Emotionally Disturbed children or youth for the purpose of addressing the youth’s emotional and behavioral needs. This is accomplished by enhancing parenting capacity and increasing access to natural community resources to enable the parent/caregiver to parent the youth successfully.
- Engages the parent/caregiver in activities in the home and community.
- Assists the parent/caregiver in addressing one or more goals on the youth’s treatment plan.
- Assists the parent/caregiver in meeting the youth’s needs by educating, supporting, coaching, modeling or guiding and fosters empowerment.
- Delivers services in the parent/caregiver’s home and community.
- Participates, attends and supports parent/caregiver and Care Coordinator’s for Individual Care Plan meetings.
- Provide family education, advocacy and support to youth and family.
Experience: Lived experience as the parent or guardian of a child with complex emotional, behavioral, or mental health needs as well as experience navigating services for their child in mental health, special education, child protective services, probation services, or developmental services etc. Experience working with parent/caregivers and youth with Serious Emotional Disturbance preferred. Personal experience as the parent or guardian of a child/youth with emotional, behavioral, or mental health needs is required.
Education: BA in a Human Services field and one year of experience or Associates degree in a human service field and one year of related experience or High School diploma or GED and a minimum of two years relevant experience.
Skills: Must have Driver’s License and reliable transportation