Share this job:
Facilities Repairperson & Maintenance Worker
NSMHA is looking for a Repairperson/Maintenance Worker to join our Facilities team! This position is responsible for the organization and completion of all maintenance and repair projects as assigned by the Director of Facilities and Maintenance. Maintenance Personnel are required to rotate emergency on-call coverage. Off-site travel is required.
What you’ll do:
- Evaluate the scope of projects and develop job plans for review by the Director.
- Determine and report materials, manpower and cost estimates to complete job to the Director.
- Complete all necessary paperwork including work orders, purchase orders and sales receipts with proper job notation.
- File equipment damage and loss reports, and accident reports in a timely manner.
- Return all unused stock and materials and equipment to the facilities department
- Complete repair work using the latest technology following local and state regulation codes and requirements.
- Carry the on-call emergency beeper and dispatch appropriate vendors to the emergency according to procedure. Responsibility includes follow-through by phone until the emergency is resolved, reporting of emergency procedures followed in a timely manner and prevention recommendations.
What you’ll need:
- Education: Minimum of High School degree or GED equivalent. Trade school attendance or Certificate preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of two years experience in property management and maintenance.
- Skills: Knowledge of basic construction and basic maintenance procedures and practices including material properties and applications, basic electrical, plumbing and carpentry. Knowledge of spill cleanup procedures, first-aid and CPR. Must have a valid Mass. driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities