Share this job:
Director of Facilities
North Suffolk is looking for a Director of Facilities to join our team! The Facilities Director is responsible for the management of the facilities department, including but not limited to: facilities staff/staffing; maintenance budgets; renewal of relevant certificates, licenses and permits; routine inspections and related reports; and the overall responsibility for the maintenance of properties owned and leased by NSMHA.
What you’ll do:
- Supervise and manage the facilities staff
- Contribute to the development of annual maintenance and repair budgets for program sites.
- Oversee community living program staff and clinical staff on maintenance and repair procedures.
- Supervise the work order system and record systems such as time sheets, production logs, indicator reports and accident and injury reports.
- Supervise special services such as, but not limited to, medical waste recovery, snow and trash removal.
- Procure and review annual price updates for facilities related goods and services.
- Review and monitor the purchase order system, authorization of purchases, service contracts, repair agreement and warranties.
- Coordinate bidding procedures for large repair expenditures and selection of qualified contractors.
- Develop routine preventative maintenance schedules for all clinics, office and residential sites.
- Develop capitol improvement schedules for all residential, clinics and office sites.
- Oversee and authorize maintenance and repairs for all clinics and office sites.
- Monitor the renewal of occupancy, fire alarm, electrical, elevator, sprinkler, fire escape and backflow systems certificates.
- Application for dumpster, building and storage permits as required.
- On-call for supervision during emergency procedures.
What you’ll need:
- Education: Bachelors degree in business administration or management or equivalent.
- Experience: Five (5) years in maintenance and/or construction related business. Previous experience in all phases of building maintenance. Previous experience in the procurement and administration of contracts, management of financial accounts. Experience in estimating repair costs.
- Skills: Considerable tact and human relations skills in interacting with all levels of management and consumers. Proven problem solving and negotiating skills. Two (2) years supervision of skilled staff, and growth and development of maintenance operations. Must be computer literate. Required to lift 50-75 pounds on a daily basis. Ability to negotiate stairs, and access high places such as rooftops, negotiate and tolerate small spaces. Ability to work in climates ranging from sub-zero to 100 degree temperatures.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities