Share this job:
Join our Early Childhood Intervention team as an Expressive Therapist! We are looking for expressive therapists focusing on art therapy, music therapy, or movement therapy. Harbor Area Child Care is a specialized therapeutic child care program serving toddler/preschoolers until age three years of age through a closed referral process with the Department of Children and Families. Join a passionate team devoted to supporting children and their families. Coordinate and provide early intervention therapeutic services and treatment to child and child/family clients using team approach, in home, program, or other community settings, which are identified as clients’ natural environments for individuals and groups.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide early intervention screening/intake, evaluation and assessment of service needs and provision of appropriate direct services.
- Provide direct child developmental and family support and home teaching services and case management to clients in home, program, and community settings.
- Coordinate and participate as team evaluator in child developmental assessments and monitor conduct of additional child/family assessments and service delivery.
- Facilitate and participate in development of IFSP (Individualized Family Service Plan), and in the execution, review and evaluation of the plan.
- Collaborate with client families in identifying their concerns, priorities and resources.
- Coordinate full range of home-based and center/community-based services with early intervention team including contracted discrete therapy and FFS service providers.
- Provide education, advocacy, and support on child and parenting issues and information of community resources to client families.
- Refer for discrete/specialized child therapies and refer to other case management and counseling services when appropriate.
- Coordinate intervention service with medical, state, and health providers with family consent.
- Assist in developing a transition plan for child and family client.
what You’ll Need:
Education: Master’s degree in Expressive Therapy, Mental Health, Social Work or similar field preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Early Intervention, Nursing, or Education with concentration or considerable experience in Infancy/Early Childhood and Special Education required.
Experience: Experience in Infancy/Early Childhood and Special Education required.
Skills: Either be or to become Early Intervention certified with DPH. Driver’s license and vehicle needed.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Pet Insurance
- Internal Advancement Opportunities/Educational opportunities to earn CEUs
- Employer Paid Life Insurance, Employer Paid Long Term Disability after 2 years of service.
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical/Dependent Care/Commuter Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program