Share this job:
Expressive Therapist – Early Childhood Program
NSMHA has an exciting opportunity to join the Early Childhood Intervention Team as an Expressive Therapist Clinician. Develop your clinical skills and gain experience in early childhood working with a strong, interdisciplinary team. We care deeply about helping our child clients and their families, and we are looking for someone passionate about child care and development.
As the Expressive Therapist Specialist, you would help coordinate and provide early intervention services and treatment to child and child/family clients using team approach, in home, program, or other community settings, which are identified as clients’ natural environments for individuals and groups.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide early intervention screening/intake, evaluation and assessment of service needs and provision of appropriate direct services.
- Provide direct child developmental and family support and home teaching services and case management to clients in home, program, and community settings.
- Coordinate and participate as team evaluator in child developmental assessments and monitor conduct of additional child/family assessments and service delivery.
- Facilitate and participate in development of IFSP (Individualized Family Service Plan), and in the execution, review and evaluation of the plan.
- Collaborate with client families in identifying their concerns, priorities and resources.
- Coordinate full range of home-based and center/community-based services with early intervention team including contracted discrete therapy and FFS service providers.
- Facilitate the timely delivery of services.
- Provide education, advocacy, and support on child and parenting issues and information of community resources to client families.
- Refer for discrete/specialized child therapies and refer to other case management and counseling services when appropriate.
- Coordinate intervention service with medical, state, and health providers with family consent.
What You’ll Need:
Education: LMHC eligible required. Relevant Master’s degree.
Experience: Experience in Infancy/Early Childhood and Special Education strongly preferred.
Skills: Driver’s license and vehicle needed. Either be or to become Early Intervention certified with DPH.