Share this job:
Emergency Services Program Coordinator
North Suffolk is looking for a Program Coordinator to join our Emergency Services team! This position provides direct emergency psychiatric clinical services, coordination and consultation to other care providers. This position provides team leadership, clinical and administrative supervision to Family Partners, Peer Specialists, Interns and Clinicians as assigned by the program director and with applicable state, local, and federal contracts, regulations and/or guidelines.
What you’ll do:
- Under the supervision of the Director of Emergency Services Programs (ESP), this position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with North Suffolk’s policies and applicable laws.
- Coordinate the day to day operations of the mobile crisis team and urgent care center which provides psychiatric evaluation, crisis intervention, psychopharmacological treatment, peer to peer support and therapeutic response to children, youth and their families.
- Under the direction of the Director of ESP provide training, supervision, and consultation to clinicians, nurses, recovery support specialists, family partners, and peer specialists.
- Coordinate further clinical response in crisis with other management team members and funding agency staff.
- Triage and assign cases, collaborate with families, individuals and providers to provide best information to clinicians in the field and assist each team member on each case to decide best disposition through telephonic supervision.
- Provide direct mobile & on-site emergency psychiatric clinical services.
- Provides input in development and allocation of program resources and in the planning, redesign and development of a program in collaboration with appropriate clinical and administrative personnel.
- Provide 24/7 on-call coverage on a regular rotating basis. The program coordinator provides in-the-moment training, supervision, and consultation to a very active on call staff of clinicians, family partners, and peer specialists.
- Assist in monitoring productivity, caseloads and billable hour level of clinicians.
- Assist in the implementation of training for newly hired staff and students.
- Assist in monitoring all staff, program, and facility policies.
- Liaison with community agencies such as DMH, DCF, CSAs, etc to facilitate care coordination and crisis planning meetings.
- Work closely with the BMC (Boston Medical Center MCI (Mobile Crisis Intervention) Manager to coordinate delivery of services to youth, families, and adults and to oversee handoff of services to CSAs (Community Service Agencies) and other providers.
What you’ll need:
- Education: Master’s Degree in Social Work or Psychology required. Independent license preferred.
- Experience: Supervisory/administrative experience preferred. Three to five years experience in Emergency Services.
- Skills/Other requirements: Must have access to a car and posses a valid driver’s license in order to provide mobile support and attend offsite functions.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
• Paid Time Off – Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
• Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
• Employer Paid Life Insurance
• 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
• Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
• Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Access to Credit Union Banking
• Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
• Employee Referral Bonus Program
• Discounted Movie Tickets
• Comprehensive Training Program
• Internal Advancement Opportunities