Share this job:
Emergency Services Clinician
North Suffolk is looking for an Emergency Services Clinician to join our team! Are you looking for a career with new experiences everyday? One that provides you with opportunities and challenges that allow you to grow? This is a fast-paced dynamic position with exposure to a wide variety of clinical populations and settings. As a clinician you will develop your assessment and diagnosis skills (acumen) while creating relationships with community stakeholders. The Emergency Services Clinician provides direct mobile emergency psychiatric clinical services, coordination, and consultation to other care providers. This position is part of an emergency services team providing continuity of care to all emergency clients, families and allied services. This position is perfect for someone looking to work out in the community and not behind a desk!
Two shifts available:
- Sunday – Thursday 2pm – 10pm
- Monday – Friday 10am – 6pm
What you’ll do:
- Complete prescreening evaluations for information, referral services, and respite care (along with related administrative tasks and documentation).
- Provide direct emergency psychiatric clinical services, coordination and consultation to other service providers.
- Provide mobile psychiatric services to clients in coordination with other community service providers.
- Provide brief crisis intervention follow-up, as indicated.
- Assess crisis or emergency situations and intervene immediately with appropriate clinical treatment for clients.
What you’ll need:
- Experience: Minimum one year in a psychiatric emergency service or similar setting required.
- Education: Master’s Degree in a relevant human service clinical specialty that is Medicaid reimbursable.
- Skills: Must have access to a car and possess a valid driver’s license in order to provide direct mobile off-site services. Working knowledge of emergency services procedures preferred.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities