Share this job:
Emergency Services Clinician – Child Focused
NSMHA is looking for an Emergency Services Clinician (Child Focused) to join our team! Are you looking for a career with new experiences everyday? One that provides you with opportunities and challenges that allow you to grow? This is a fast-paced dynamic position with exposure to a wide variety of clinical populations and settings. As a clinician you will develop your assessment and diagnosis skills (acumen) while creating relationships with community stakeholders. The Emergency Services Clinician provides direct emergency psychiatric clinical services, coordination and consultation to other care providers. This position is part of a Child Focused emergency services team providing continuity of care to all emergency clients, families and allied services. This position is perfect for someone looking to work out in the community and not behind a desk!
This shift is is Sunday – Thursday 10am – 6pm.
What you’ll do:
- Prescreening evaluations for information and referral services, respite care and specializing and various administrative tasks.
- Provide direct emergency psychiatric clinical services, coordination and consultation to other service providers.
- Provide mobile psychiatric services to clients in coordination with other community service providers.
- Provide brief crisis intervention follow-up, as indicated.
- Assess crisis or emergency situations and intervene immediately with appropriate clinical treatment for clients.
- This is an on-site position, with the expectation of mobile response, in addition.
- Weekends, Holiday and shift rotation will be required.
What you’ll need:
- Experience: Minimum one year in a psychiatric emergency service or similar setting required.
- Education: Master’s Degree in a relevant human service clinical specialty that is Medicaid reimbursable.
- Skills: Must have access to a car and possess a valid driver’s license. Working knowledge of emergency services procedures preferred.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities