Share this job:
Emergency Respite Nurse
North Suffolk is looking for a Registered Nurse to join our Emergency Respite Program team! The Registered Nurse participates in the assessment, treatment planning and service delivery processes for persons served by the Emergency Respite Program. The R.N. is responsible for providing monitoring of the medical and psychiatric status of persons and provides consultation in these areas in addition to direct interventions and care coordination. The R.N. also provides oversight of the MAP process and may augment the MAP protocol by administering medicine that MAP certified staff can not administer. The Registered Nurse is a resource to the team and guides interventions that are health and medically related.
What you’ll do:
- Provide clinical and medical services in timely and flexible ways that are consistent with the principles and practices of trauma-informed care and person-centered approaches.
- Participate in initial and ongoing assessment of medical and health and wellness concerns for persons served by the respite program.
- Engage people and partner with them to improve their health and wellness, achieve symptom stabilization and self-management, develop and/or restore skills impacted by mental illness and live a self-directed life.
- Assist people with psychiatric and substance use disorders to identify personal priorities, preferences, strengths, and interests in order to help them establish goals that support a life in recovery.
- Help in care transition coordination efforts when persons enter or are discharged from hospitals, rehab facilities and other inpatient health care settings.
- Participate in the collaboration with Behavioral Health Community Partners, One Care, Case Managers and/or other Care Coordination Entities to improve or maintain the health status of persons served.
- Provide oversight that MAP policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Administer medication and intramuscular injections as prescribed and as needed.
- Assess persons with acute changes in health status and helps formulate strategies to address findings.
What you’ll need:
- Education: Must have licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in Massachusetts.
- Experience: Must have at least one year of experience working with individuals with mental illness. Previous supervisory experience preferred, but not required.
- Skills/Other: Must be CPR certified. Must be MAP certified within three months of hire.
- Vaccination: At least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire and complete the full vaccination schedule in the appropriate timeline as documented by the CDC requirements for vaccination.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities