Share this job:
Early Childhood Social Worker – LCSW
The Early Childhood Clinical Social Worker/Service Coordinator provides early intervention services and treatment to child and child/family clients using team approach, in home, program, or other community settings, which are identified as clients’ natural environments for individuals and groups. Early Intervention services are provided to infants and toddlers presenting with developmental delay or who have risk of delay due to environmental, medical and/or biological factors.
- Provide early intervention screening/intake, evaluation and assessment of service needs and provision of appropriate direct services.
- Provide direct child developmental and family support services and case management to clients in home, program, and community settings.
- Function fully as part of interdisciplinary team.
- Coordinate and participate as team evaluator in child developmental assessments and monitor conduct of additional child/family assessments and service delivery.
- Facilitate and participate in development of IFSP (Individualized Family Service Plan), and in the execution, review and evaluation of the plan.
- Collaborate with client families in identifying their concerns, priorities and resources.
- Coordinate full range of home-based and center/community-based services with early intervention team.
- Provide education, advocacy, and support on child and parenting issues and information of community resources to client families.
- Refer for discrete/specialized child therapies and refer to other case management and counseling services when appropriate.
- Coordinate intervention service with medical, state, and health providers with family consent.
- Assist in developing a transition plan for child and family client.
- Provide consultation and education to agency staff and community agencies.
Education: Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) from an accredited school required. Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) licensed by the Board of Registry of the Commonwealth of Mass. required. Either be or to become Early Intervention certified with DPH.
Skills: Minimum of one (1) years experience with young children. Driver’s license and vehicle needed – Off-site travel required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com