Share this job:
Direct Support Staff
Direct Support Professionals are members of a team responsible for providing high quality direct care services to adults with developmental disabilities. As a nonprofit organization, we believe that every individual deserves the opportunity to reach their full potential. We are looking for both entry level and experienced individuals to work as Direct Support Professionals in our residential homes. The right candidates will be responsible for providing care and assistance to Individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. If you have experience working with developmentally disabled adults, or are willing to learn, we encourage you to apply.
Full and part time positions available in Burlington, Chelsea, Winthrop, Revere, Waltham, West Roxbury, Hyde Park and Saugus. Please indicate preference for location and shift.
Salary Range: $13.50-$17.00 depending on program placement
What you’ll do:
- Offer guidance for residents during skills building
- Develop and implement individual treatment plans for residents
- Assist with daily living activities, including meal preparation, money management, doctor’s appointments and assisting with personal hygiene
- Ensure appropriate staff-to-client ratio at all time
- Develop and promote a supportive relationship with the residents
- Support each Individuals existing relationships and assist in increasing their network of friends and acquaintances.
What you’ll need:
Education: High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in any related field preferred.
Experience: Zero to six years related experience (depending on DSP level) providing child care/elder care/direct support to developmentally disabled persons or previous experience supporting individuals in a mental health/special education or other human services setting is required.
Skills: Must have valid Massachusetts Driver’s license. Must become MAP certified, CPR/First Aid certified within five months of hire (training provided).
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12
- Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities
A career with a cause
Since 1959, North Suffolk Mental Health Association, Inc. has provided community-based mental health services to individuals and families in East Boston, Boston, Chelsea, Revere and Winthrop. To better serve our community, NSMHA has developed a comprehensive and integrated community-based system of engagement, treatment, rehabilitation and support programs to promote the recovery of adults living with serious mental illness, addictions and co-occurring disorders.