Share this job:
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Specialist
North Suffolk is looking for a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Specialist to join our Workforce Development team! The position will work directly with and assist the Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Committee in accomplishing a variety of diversity, equity, and inclusion focused initiatives. The individual must be able to prioritize responsibilities and help improve our processes and practices as our DEI team continues to grow.
What you’ll do:
- Help to develop, implement, monitor, and measure diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives in alignment with NSMHA mission which includes the tasks as follows:
- Create, promote, and foster a diverse workforce, equitable practices, and an inclusive workplace where all employee experience a culture of belonging.
- Maintain platforms and systems which include but are not limited to social media, website, and one drive.
- Support the People Team as needed with employee engagement reporting, programming, projects, and initiatives.
- Work directly with the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion Committee to support and assist with the logistics of developing, coordinating, implementing, integrating, scaling and ensuring sustainability of companywide initiatives related to the programming.
- Assist with updates and maintenance for all diversity, equity, and inclusion focused documents and demographic.
- Stay up to date on best practices and relevant skills sets.
- Coordinate all required and recommended training for committee members.
- Serve as a liaison with local community agencies.
What you’ll need:
- Education: High School degree or equivalent experience (Bachelor’s degree preferred). Knowledge of diversity, equity, and inclusion best practices (DEI certification preferred).
- Experience: At least 2+ years of experience in a coordinator role (Specialist experience preferred).
- Skills/Other: Outstanding Google Docs, Google Sheets, Googles Forms, and Google Slides skills for collecting, tracking, analyzing, reporting, and presenting.
- Vaccination: At least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire and complete the full vaccination schedule in the appropriate timeline as documented by the CDC requirements for vaccination.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities