Share this job:
Direct Care Staff- Burlington, MA
We are currently offering a $500 sign on bonus for full time direct care positions.
Direct Support Professionals will work with individuals who need complete assistance with ADL’s, and/or feeding, behavioral interventions in the home and in the community. Most individuals served have level 2 behavior plans, and/or aggression and staff will need to complete restraints using techniques learned through NAPPI training. This role is also an ISP specialist and will take the lead writing ISPs and training other staff how to implement ISP goals and summaries. This staff will be able to train other staff with the assistance of the Behavior Specialist and Program Manager on behavior plans and reward systems.
Salary Range: $18
What you’ll do:
- Offer guidance for residents during skills building
- Develop and implement individual treatment plans for residents
- Assist with daily living activities, including meal preparation, money management, doctor’s appointments and assisting with personal hygiene
- Ensure appropriate staff-to-client ratio at all time
- Responsible for accompanying individuals to medical appointments/treatments, ensuring accurate reporting to physician and follow through with respect to doctor’s orders and recommendations.
- Redirect and/or physically support individuals who may be aggressive using proactive techniques while maintaining self-control.
- Develop and promote a supportive relationship with the residents
- Support each Individuals existing relationships and assist in increasing their network of friends and acquaintances.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need:
Education: High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in any related field preferred.
Experience: Six to twelve months related experience (depending on DSP level) providing child care/elder care/direct support to developmentally disabled persons or previous experience supporting individuals in a mental health/special education or other human services setting is required. An equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be considered.
Skills: Must have valid Massachusetts Driver’s license. Must become MAP certified, CPR/First Aid certified within five months of hire (training provided).
Vaccination: At least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire and complete the full vaccination schedule in the appropriate timeline as documented by the CDC requirements for vaccination.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12
- Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities
A career with a cause
Since 1959, North Suffolk Mental Health Association, Inc. has provided community-based mental health services to individuals and families in East Boston, Boston, Chelsea, Revere and Winthrop. To better serve our community, NSMHA has developed a comprehensive and integrated community-based system of engagement, treatment, rehabilitation and support programs to promote the recovery of adults living with serious mental illness, addictions and co-occurring disorders.