Share this job:
Day Program Coordinator-Residential
As a Day Program Coordinator for NSMHA, you will be responsible for coordinating the on-site day program and providing recreational therapy using art, music and other modalities at a highly intensive Group Living Environment. Will be responsible for assisting persons served in the IGLE with establishing and maintaining activities and routines that help make the program enjoyable for residents and that help the staff to provide a milieu that is safe and that reflects a commitment to the principles of recovery.
Expectations of the Role:
- Create a daily milieu schedule that includes expressive modalities, groups, activities and games throughout the day and evening.
- Assist in developing a culturally and linguistically sensitive curriculum/manual of how to lead and supervise activities and groups.
- Oversee participation in groups and schedule 1:1 meetings with people served for individual recreational therapy.
- Develop a written recreation plan for each person.
- Provide support and interventions that are grounded in the philosophy and techniques of psychiatric rehabilitation.
- Attend all staff meetings and report weekly on each person served by assessing each person’s abilities and interests.
- Encourage the participation of each resident in established activities.
- Participate in the development of risk and crisis management plans for all residents.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Director/ Assistant Director.
What you’ll need:
Education: High school diploma and Bachelor’s degree in Human Services related field required.
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years experience working directly with people with psychiatric diagnoses.
Skills: Must have valid Massachusetts Driver’s license. Must become MAP certified, CPR/First Aid certified within five months of hire (training provided).
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
• Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
• Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
• Employer Paid Life Insurance
• 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
• Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
• Medical/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Access to Credit Union Banking
• Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
• Employee Referral Bonus Program
• Discounted Movie Tickets
• Comprehensive Training Program
• Internal Advancement Opportunities
A career with a cause
Since 1959, North Suffolk Mental Health Association, Inc. has provided community-based mental health services to individuals and families in East Boston, Boston, Chelsea, Revere and Winthrop. To better serve our community, NSMHA has developed a comprehensive and integrated community-based system of engagement, treatment, rehabilitation and support programs to promote the recovery of adults living with serious mental illness, addictions and co-occurring disorders.