Share this job:
Outreach Worker – CSP
NSMHA is looking for Outreach Workers to join our CSP team! The Outreach Worker provides intensive case management services to adults and children with mental health and substance abuse issues who are considered to be at risk in the community. Services may include coordination of treatment, outreach and advocacy, assistance with basic needs, skill building and facilitating linkage to other community based and natural support systems.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients, providing contact and support.
- Act as a liaison between service providers, community and the client while providing comprehensive initial assessment of need areas for all clients referred.
- Conduct risk assessment with each client and formulate a crisis plan.
- Assist individuals in scheduling and attending medical appointments, as well as accessing outpatient mental health treatment.
- Assist individuals with official correspondence pertaining to insurance eligibility, social security and other entitlement programs
- Help the client identify and access appropriate resources to support the client’s recovery.
What You’ll Need:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or a related field or anticipated graduation date within one semester.
- Experience: Previous outreach experience with populations with mental illness and/or substance abuse strongly preferred.
- Skills: Must possess a valid Mass driver’s license and reliable transportation. Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Please note bilingual ability on resume.
- Vaccination: At least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire and complete the full vaccination schedule in the appropriate timeline as documented by the CDC requirements for vaccination.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities